We want start this week with a product review from one of the most famous brands of bicycle lights and other products (stay tuned for next reviews....we have surprises...)
Today we want to bring you our own video, pics and information about the Knog Blinder Arc 5.5 light.
Video unboxing and review
Packed with a colossal 550 lumens of light the Blinder Arc 5.5 gives riders total visibility and freedom at night, all from a super-compact, super-light, USB rechargeable, 100% waterproof, integrated silicone package. Equipped with one of the latest high-intensity XM-L2 Cree® LEDs the Arc 5.5 floods any road or trail in light giving riders total night vision and by incorporating an elliptical beam of 16° vertical and 24º horizontal makes the lights visible to others at over 1000m
- OUTPUT : 550 lumens
- DIMENSIONS : 32 x 32 x 100.5mm.
- WEIGHT: 150g
- MATERIALS : UV-Resistant Industrial grade silicone. Polycarbonate housing and PMMA Lens. Hard-anodised aluminium fascia.
- BATTERY : USB Rechargeable Lithium Polymer
- LENS : Use of an optic design to provide a balanced ratio of beam width and distance to safely illuminate you and the path ahead.
- BEAM ANGLE (degrees) : Elliptical beam; 16 (vertical) x 24 (horizontal) degrees.
- CONSTANT CURRENT DRIVE TECH : Maintains consistent brightness throughout specified run-time.
- INTEGRATED USB PLUG : Designed to be exposed to the elements, the plug is also waterproof and will not be damaged by exposure.
- LIGHT MODES : Total of 4 light modes: 1. High Beam, 2. Medium Beam, 3. Low Beam, 4. Flashing Beam.
- BURN TIMES : 1.8 hours in High Beam, 3.5 hours in Medium Beam, 7.9 hours in Low Beam and 17 hours in Flashing mode.
- THERMAL MANAGEMENT : Automatically regulates the light output for optimum performance when the bike is stationary and in motion.
- BIKE ATTACHMENT : Silicone strap for bars 25 - 35mm in diameter.
- PRICE: About 115€
Our opinion and pics
The Knog Blinder Arc light is really strong, better than others, if are searching for a "serious" light to ride in bad conditions (night, rain...), then maybe this light is your best choice. You will be visible and you will see, the most important!
Maybe it is heavy weight compared with other bike lights, but the specifications of this light are amazing.
Highly recommended for "serious riders".
LAUNCHED IN MARCH 2003 BY HUGO DAVIDSON AND MALCOLM MCKECHNIE, KNOG IS A UNIQUE GLOBAL LIGHTING & CYCLING ACCESSORIES BRAND, BASED IN AUSTRALIA CURRENTLY SELLING KNOG PRODUCTS TO 46 DIFFERENT COUNTRIES.
They're a team of creative designers and engineers who refuse to conform to anyone or anything. What binds them together is the same passion and ferociousness to smash the mould, challenge the status quo, and revolutionise the way we think about lights and locks.
Being out there everyday smashing the main roads and rolling softly through the back country and being attuned to global sub-cultures is where they find their inspiration. It's what drives them to consistently deliver fresh and innovative products that enable riders, walkers and urban adventurers around the world to discover their own sense of freedom, have fun, and live in the moment.
Interested in send us your products to review?
If you are interested in sending us products to review, please contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org