Today, after some weeks testing out more products from the famous brand Knog, the time to publish our review about their bike locks arrives!
Well, we have started our review with the Bouncer model. It is just like one of those crazy little designer dogs. Dress him up like a sailor, dangle him out of your handbag at parties and bitch to him as if he is your bestest friend.
In our case, we have tested the Bouncer in teal color, in our opinion, we loooooove the design and functionality, it's really easy to transport, in my case I carry it behind my saddle in the double bottle mount. Here you have more info about technical characteristics of the Bouncer extracted from the product site:
- DIMENSIONS : 185 x 125 x 35mm.
- SHACKLE: 13mm hardened steel shackle
- WEIGHT: 800g
- MATERIALS : Silicone overmoulded plated hardened steel U-lock.
- COLORS: Black, tale (our model reviewed), white
- PRICE: About 49€
- BODY: Investment cast steel, with compression moulded silicone outer. Injection moulded engineering plastic, UV painted exterior
- SECURE MECHANICAL ASSEMBLY : The main advantage to a single-piece investment cast lock housing is that it forms a highly-secure mechanical assembly by reducing available points of leverage.
- U-SHACKLE SECURITY : Heat-treated specifically to create balance between hardness (cutting resistance) and toughness (for tensile and impact resistance).
- ACCREDITATIONS : The Bouncer is Sold Secure Bronze Rated.
Party Combo review
The second Knog bike lock we have reviewed is the Party Combo, an orange model (in our case, there are more colors) 12 mm diameter combination cable lock with braided steel and fibre cored.
Long, bendy, hard-cored and smooth to touch. The Party Combo is just as mighty as the Party Frank, but without the key. Still overmoulded using industrial grade UV-stablised silicone to protect your bike, your fingers, and your reputation the Combo comes in 8 fancy new colours. And here we have more technical info from its product site:
- DIMENSIONS : 620mm.
- WEIGHT: 250g
- MATERIALS : Silicone overmoulded braided steel cable with fibre core
- LOCK TYPE : Combination Lock
- COLORS: Black, grape, indigo, lime, red, rose, turquoise, white
- PRICE: About 24.90€
- BODY: Patented seamless overmould using industrial grade UV stable silicone. Will not mark or scratch your ride.
- LOCK HOUSING : 8mm Stainless steel locking shackle. *No leverage points to ensure extra security against unwanted attacks.
- LOCK BARREL : Rotating dial lock barrel, with unique combinations.
- CABLE DIAMETER : Outer Cable Diameter 12mm, Steel Cable Diameter 5mm.
- CUTTING RESISTANCE : The TECHNOLOGY used on the FIBRE-CORE CABLES offers superior resilience and flexibility compared with locks using standard braided steel cable cores.
LAUNCHED IN MARCH 2003 BY HUGO DAVIDSON AND MALCOLM MCKECHNIE, KNOG IS A UNIQUE GLOBAL LIGHTING & CYCLING ACCESSORIES BRAND, BASED IN AUSTRALIA CURRENTLY SELLING KNOG PRODUCTS TO 46 DIFFERENT COUNTRIES.
They're a team of creative designers and engineers who refuse to conform to anyone or anything. What binds them together is the same passion and ferociousness to smash the mould, challenge the status quo, and revolutionise the way we think about lights and locks.
Being out there everyday smashing the main roads and rolling softly through the back country and being attuned to global sub-cultures is where they find their inspiration. It's what drives them to consistently deliver fresh and innovative products that enable riders, walkers and urban adventurers around the world to discover their own sense of freedom, have fun, and live in the moment.
Interested in send us your products to review?
If you are interested in sending us products to review, please contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org