Today we return after some days testing products with a new product review - unboxing.... In this case, about a product for fat bikers, one of the last helmets created by Bluegrass (brand created by MET Helmets for MTB).
Today here you have the Golden Eyes!
Golden Eyes unboxing and reviewAs you can see in the pictures, we have the orange color, but you can select it in other colors as black green, cyan and green. They describe this helmet as:
"One of the cutting edge engineering projects that we have developed recently is the Golden Eyes.", explains Matteo Tenni, head of Bluegrass’ R&D department."By partially embedding two shells into each other, we can reduce the weight of the helmet while increasing its safety factor.We are also offering designers new design opportunities."This promising technology has been used in the first All-mountain helmet designed by Bluegrass.And we have added in the highest standard of equipment.Do you want some examples?An Adjustable visor, a rib system to keep goggle strap in place, Kevlar straps, a removable helmet cam mount, Gel O2 front pad..."
|Helmet box and bag to protect the product|
|Helmet, box, manual and camera accesories|
|Accessories for your action camera|
|Rear clip for your googles|
|Front pad gel O2|
|Easy adjustable system|
Our first impressions were really good, the helmet comes in a box really well protected. When you open the box and you get out the helmet you can feel the high quality of materials, really really well finished. This Golden Eyes is not a low quality helmet, I think it can be good for experienced riders, in our case, for fat biking. The helmet has a lot of great details:
- Adjustment system
- Removable front pad gel O2
- Removable onboard-camera support included, to use for your action cam (GoPro...)
- Adjustable visor
- Goggle Clip on the back to keeps your goggle strap in place on the helmet
- Kevlar straps...
As I said before, we tested the helmet in of our morning fat bike rides near of Barcelona, along the Llobregat's river, a wild terrain without dirty roads (no limits for a fat bike yeahhh!!!) , and in a hot day with our loved State Bicycle Megalith fat bike.
I have wearing the helmet for more than 2 hours, I felt in one case (nothing serious) but the helmet keeps my head perfect (this is a serious test hehehe). The front gel pad O2 is one of the best features, it's perfect for me, I swear a lot.... and it keeps my front without drops.
- Certification: CE EN 1078, AS/NZ 2063
- Retention system: 360 degree safety advanced
- Active safety technology : More protection on rear of head
- Discipline: All Mountain, Enduro
- Chin strap buckle: Anti-pinch buckle
- Shells sizing chart: 2 sizes (Our is M, I don't have a big head :-P )
- Strap anchor points: Embedded straps anchoring points
- Eps liner technology: Inmolding eps intelligent fusion
- Straps: Kevlar straps
- Outer shell construction: Inmoulding
- Comfort features: Front pad gel O2, Fully removable internal padding
- Visor safety features: Flexible injection material
- Devices solutions: Removable onboard-camera support included
- Visor: Adjustable visor with three point attachment
- Price: 140€ (You can get it in their site)
Interested in send us your products to review?
If you are interested in sending us products to review, please contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org